Arizona Truck Accident Attorneys in Mesa
Every year, more than 50,000 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents across the state of Arizona. Sadly, victims involved in semi-truck accidents are at an increased risk for sustaining catastrophic and life-altering injuries. Victims involved in these horrific incidents often deal with overwhelming pain and suffering.
Not only are injured victims forced to endure medical treatments that can cost upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars forcing the injured victims to spend weeks or even months in the hospital. Afterward, victims often go through months to even years in therapy for their injuries. In many cases, insurance companies rush accident victims in an attempt to persuade then into accepting minimal settlements offers. Those who are left financially devastated are often quick to sign, not recognizing the negative impact that doing so has on their ability to recover full and fair compensation for their damages.
Rather than accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company, it is crucial for the injured victim to contact a semi-truck accident attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Attorneys who work at Escamilla Law Group work diligently to ensure those harmed in semi-truck accidents are able to get the justice and compensation they deserve. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation to see what legal options are available for you.
Why Truck Accidents Are Complicated in Mesa
Semi-truck accidents are often more complicated than typical motor vehicle accidents. The size and weight of semi-trucks compared to passenger cars means these collisions are more likely to result in catastrophic or fatal injuries. In addition to their size differences, semi-truck accidents often involve large companies and multi-party liability claims. Depending on the cause of the incident, the driver, the employer, the loader, and several other parties can all be held liable for their role in the crash. In addition, semi-truck accidents often involve far larger insurance policies and coverage than standard automobile collisions. This allows victims to obtain full and fair compensation for their claims without worrying about low and strict maximum coverage limits.
Semi-truck drivers are required to adhere to various federal and local laws and regulations. In order for these legal claims to be successful, it is imperative for victims to obtain legal representation from a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Mesa who is well-versed in handling these complex and complicated legal cases for victims. Attorneys at Escamilla Law Group work diligently on behalf of accident victims to determine the cause of the collision and accountability for damages incurred by the victim.
Common Causes of Arizona Truck Accidents
Like other types of automobile accidents, semi-trucks accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Sadly, victims are often injured due to the negligent or reckless acts of those in control of these vehicles. Some of the most common causes of semi-truck accidents include:
- Driver Negligence: Drivers who do not pay attention to others sharing the road are more likely to be involved in motor vehicle collisions. Truck drivers need to pay particular attention to vehicles, which may be in their blind spots or those who are driving in front of them.
- Speeding: The size of semi-trucks means accidents in which they are involved often result in serious and catastrophic injuries. This is particularly true in cases where semi-trucks are speeding down the roadway. High speeds prevent truck drivers from being able to stop quickly and can cause drivers to lose control more easily.
- Distracted Driving: Regardless of the strict laws in place to prevent drivers from using their phones, it continues to be one of the leading distractions in truck accidents. There are also cases where either the driver of a passenger car or truck driver is playing with or adjusting the GPS systems, radios, and engaging in conversations with others.
- Drowsy Driving: Truck drivers often spend extended hours on the road. For this reason, countless drivers suffer fatigue while in control of their vehicles. Drivers who fall asleep behind the wheels of their trucks place the lives of others on the road at serious risk for injury. Sadly, even in cases where drivers do not fall asleep, yet drive while drowsy, they suffer from delayed or impaired reactions and response times.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol have a difficult time controlling their vehicles. Sadly, impaired drivers are responsible for more than half of all automobile accidents across our state. Even though there are strict laws in place for truck drivers, individuals continue to drive impaired and cause injuries to innocent people sharing the roadways.
- Cargo Shifts or Spills: It is imperative for cargo to be loaded properly and securely. Unfortunately, there are countless instances where cargo loads shift. When shifts occur, semi-truck trailers are likely to jack-knife or flip over. These accidents can cause serious injuries to truck drivers as well as others on the road.
- Vehicle Failure: These accidents occur when brake systems or other important mechanical systems on semi-trucks fail to function properly. Faulty parts can make it difficult or even impossible for drivers to control their vehicles, which can be fatal.
- Road Conditions: In many cases, truck drivers travel through unfamiliar territory. These individuals encounter various road conditions and weather changes. Unfortunately, some drivers are unable to handle road conditions properly. Heavy rainfall, hail, cracked or damaged roads, and other hazardous conditions can cause accidents leading to serious injuries. Those injured in semi-truck accidents should contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Type of Damages in a Personal Injury Claim
Victims who are injured in semi-truck accidents can collect compensation for various damages incurred from their accident. Some of the most commonly sought after areas for compensation include:
- Medical Bills: Victims injured by careless and reckless drivers are able to collect full and fair compensation to cover all past, current, and future medical expenses. These awards often include compensation for medical treatment, testing, medication, therapy, and all other costs incurred for treating injuries.
- Lost Wages: Semi-truck accident victims are able to obtain compensation for all lost wages resulting from attending doctor appointments, tending to injuries, and time off to recover. These damages are calculated by taking into consideration the number of hours missed due to treating injuries and the hourly wage a victim earns.
- Lost Earning Potential: When accident victims are forced out of work indefinitely, they are able to obtain compensation for the amount of lost earnings they experience from being unable to return. Working with a reputable personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure a reliable financial expert witness is hired to accurately calculate the amounts of lost earnings based on the victim’s level of education, promotion potential, inflation, and various other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims injured in semi-truck accidents often suffer mentally and physically as a result of their injuries. For this reason, courts allow those harmed to obtain compensation to alleviate some of the negative experiences they have. It is crucial to work with a reputable injury accident attorney in Mesa to ensure you are able to accurately demonstrate the level of suffering you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Property Damages: Vehicles involved in semi-truck accidents often sustain catastrophic damage. In many cases, vehicles are rendered totaled. Our knowledgeable injury accident attorneys in Mesa are dedicated to helping those harmed get full and fair compensation to cover the costs of replacing their vehicles so they can get back on the road as soon as possible.
- Punitive Damages: When victims are harmed in accidents caused by extremely negligent drivers, they are often able to collect punitive damages. These damages are not awarded to compensate a victim for their loss. Instead, they are provided to victims as a way to punish those who caused them harm.
Working with a skilled personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure you get the maximum amount of punitive damages available for your claim. Victims who are injured in a semi-truck accident, by no fault of your own should contact a semi-truck attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Why Work With Escamilla Law Group
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident can have a detrimental impact on a victim’s life. This is especially true in cases where those involved are injured by larger commercial vehicles, like semi-trucks. The size and weight of these vehicles often means accidents in which they are involved result in catastrophic and life-altering injuries. When victims are injured in truck accidents, caused by the actions of others on the road, it is crucial that they contact a truck accident attorney in Mesa as soon as possible.
Over the years, Mesa personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have fought aggressively on behalf of numerous victims to ensure they got the justice and compensation they were entitled to and deserved for their traumatic and painful experiences. With more than 30 years of combined experience, accident victims can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected while they continue to focus on recovering.
If you were injured in a truck accident, or your loved one lost their life, due to the negligent or reckless acts of another person or business, contact our injury accident attorneys in Mesa at (623) 877-3600 to see how we can help you get the justice you deserve.