Mesa, Arizona Premises Liability Attorneys
Property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure a safe environment for people visiting, especially properties with a pool or other body of water located on the premises. Sadly, countless accident victims neglect to ensure that those who utilize their property are safe. As a result, victims sustain injuries that have a devastating impact on their lives.
Sadly, countless victims are injured in drowning incidents across the State of Arizona annually. These victims often suffer cognitive impairments and are forced to undergo long term treatment to recover, if they ever do. Sadly, numerous victims are forced to go through treatment for their rest of their lives. When victims are injured in drowning incidents due to the negligent or reckless acts of property owners, it is crucial for them to contact a premises liability attorney on Mesa as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
With over 30 years of experience, victims who work with Mesa personal injury attorneys at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS can rest assured knowing their best interests are being protected. Our knowledgeable injury accident attorneys in Mesa review legal claims for victims and consult with top rated expert witnesses to ensure victims have the evidence necessary to present their claims successfully in court. If you or someone you love was injured in a drowning accident, contact our premises liability attorneys in Mesa to see how we can help you.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Mesa, Arizona Drowning Accident
Individuals who sustain injuries in drowning accidents often require lifelong treatment for their injuries. In many cases, those involved in these horrific incidents succumb to their injuries. When victims are injured or loved ones die in drowning accidents, it is crucial for you to contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
Attorneys who work at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS work diligently to ensure those harmed are fully and fairly compensated for their injuries. Our attorneys will investigate your claim, determine the true costs of the incident, and help victims and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. In order to file a successful legal claim, it is imperative for those harmed to prove the defendant is at-fault and liable for their injuries and damages.
Who Is Liable for Drowning Accidents In Mesa, Arizona
Under state premises liability laws, residential and commercial pool owners, as well as water park operators, are legally required to offer premises to guests that are safe for use. When property owners fail to do so, they are at risk of incurring liability for all injuries and damages incurred. It is important to recognize that various classes of protected parties under Arizona law. Determining what category of guests you fit under will have a major impact on your ability to file a legal claim against a property owner for drowning injuries. These categories include:
Invitees: Individuals who fall under this category are those who enter upon a property to conduct business. This category covers business patrons, as well as public pool and water park visitors. It is imperative for owners to maintain their property and ensure they are safe for visitors.
Licensees: This category of guests is typically applicable to private homes where guests are invited for gatherings or social functions. If there are any safety concerns are hazards that are neglected, it is imperative for pool owners to ensure guests are well-aware of the issues ahead of time. In some cases, pool owners with prior knowledge of damages who neglected to remedy the situation can be held liable for any costs or damages incurred.
Trespassers: Trespassers in Mesa are provided the least legal protection against harm or injuries. These individuals are not invited to a property. In some cases, trespassers include those who attempt to break into a home or property and fall into pools and drown. In some cases, an exception is made when small children enter onto the property and drown in the owner’s pool. If there are inadequate barriers in place, like locked ladders, fencing, or gates, homeowners can be held liable.
It is important that those harmed are able to prove the type of guest they were on a property in order to ensure their legal rights are protected in the event of a drowning incident. Working with a trusted personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure those harmed get the justice and compensation for which they are entitled.
What To Do After a Drowning Accident Occurs
After a person drowns on a property, it is crucial to seek immediate medical attention. Pool-related incidents, like drowning, often result in a sudden or rapid loss of evidence. It is crucial for those harmed to obtain legal advice as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected. Attorneys at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS will stand by victims and their families through every step of the legal process to ensure all challenges are met. Our attorneys work diligently to gather information for victims when they are unable to do so for themselves. Some of the ways we assist victims include:
- Taking photographs of the scene of the incident;
- Take statements from witnesses;
- Recover a copy of the 911 call;
- Collect any ambulance records or police reports;
- Gather and document all media clips and information; and
- Gather medical records and/or autopsy results when available.
Working with a skilled and knowledgeable Mesa injury accident attorney at our law firm will ensure your best interests are protected so you can focus on moving forward from the tragic and unexpected event.
Common Causes of Drowning Incidents
Drowning accidents occur suddenly and unexpectedly in most cases. It takes less than a minute for someone to be seriously injured while in a pool, lake, pond, or other body of water. Although drowning incidents can occur for a variety of reasons, it is imperative to recognize factors common in these incidents. Some of the most common causes of drowning accidents in our area include:
- Inadequate Adult Supervision: It is crucial for property owners to ensure adequate supervision is available for those swimming. Without adequate supervision, those in the pool are likely to sustain injuries in drowning incidents. This is especially true in areas where small children are present.
- Inability to Swim: Not being able to swim can be a major factor in a swimming incident. It is crucial for those in water to be able to swim or have flotation devices available, like life jackets, which prevent them from being seriously injured.
- Risk-Taking Behaviors: Jumping or diving in shallow waters can cause serious injuries that result in drowning. It is imperative for property owners to have adequate supervision when individuals are in their pools to ensure those enjoying the water do not suffer from these injuries.
- Use of Alcohol or Drugs: When property owners allow attendees to drink or use drugs while on their property, they can be held liable for any accidents or injuries that occur. This is particularly true in cases where visitors suffer drowning injuries.
- Hypothermia: When water is kept at too cool of a temperature, it can cause the body to suffer adverse reactions. As a result, victims can faint or being unable to move in the water, which can lead to a drowning accident.
- Health Trauma: Suffering a stroke, heart attack, or other health ailment can cause a swimmer to collapse in the water. Without adequate supervision, sufferers are at an increased risk for drowning. It is crucial for property owners to maintain adequate supervision to ensure those swimming are safe from harm.
- Seizure Disorder: Suffering a seizure can be terrifying under any circumstances. Unfortunately, experiencing one while swimming can be fatal. Those who suffer from these horrific disorders can jerk and move rapidly, making it difficult for them to remain above water.
Although some of these causes are unpreventable, it is crucial for property owners to maintain safe premises that ensure those suffering health complications are removed quickly and safely from the water to prevent drowning. If you were injured or your loved one died in a drowning incident, it is crucial to contact a premises liability attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
Why Work With ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
If you suffered serious injuries in a drowning accident or your loved one lost their life due to the negligent acts of a property owner, it is imperative for you to contact a drowning accident attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. Victims and their families may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate some of the financial burdens sustained consequent to a drowning accident.
With over three decades of combined experience, Mesa personal injury attorneys as ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS have helped countless victims and families move forward from drowning accidents in the best way possible. Our aggressive yet compassionate personal injury attorneys in Mesa understand the difficulties those involved in these horrific incidents face, which is why we work diligently to ensure their legal rights are protected. Contact or premises liability attorneys in Mesa at (623) 877-3600 to see how we can help you get the justice you deserve.