Wrongful Death Attorneys in Mesa AZ
Dealing with the tragic and unexpected loss of a loved one can be devastating. Learning that your loved one died due to the negligent or reckless acts of another person or entity can make the situation even more difficult to accept. Arizona tort laws allow surviving family members of the decedent to seek justice and financial compensation by filing a wrongful death claim against those who are at fault for the death of the victim.
Wrongful death laws recognize that the negligent party’s liability extends far beyond the death of the individual. For this reason, surviving relatives are able to recover compensation for various factors related to the sudden and unexpected loss of their loved one. Although we understand that no amount of compensation could ever take the place of a loved one, it can help those suffering to alleviate many of the financial burdens incurred due to the loss.
Escamilla Law Group has over thirty years of combined personal injury law experience helping families get the justice and compensation they deserve for their loved one’s life being taken prematurely. Our law firm has helped many surviving family members protect their loved one’s rights by fighting diligently on behalf of the anguished families who are left behind. If your loved one died in an accident caused by the negligent or reckless acts of another person or entity, contact Escamilla Law Group to see how we can help you.
What Is A Wrongful Death Case?
If a person is injured due to the negligent or reckless acts of someone else, they have a legal ability to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault person. Conversely, if the injured victim succumbs to their injuries, surviving family members are able to file a wrongful death claim on their behalf of their loved one to recover compensation for their subsequent death and for the damages incurred as a result of their death.
In order to file a successful wrongful death claim against an at-fault party, the petitioner must provide evidence that meets or surpasses the burden of proof required in the State of Arizona. It is crucial for surviving family members to prove the defendant acted negligently and that their negligent actions were the proximate cause of death for the decedent. Working with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Mesa will provide you with the best chance of filing a successful wrongful death legal claim to get the justice you and your loved one deserve.
Wrongful death attorneys in Mesa AZ as Escamilla Law Group work aggressively and with compassion to handle even some of the most difficult wrongful death claims. We understand surviving relatives are often overcome with emotion and dealing with insurmountable grief. For this reason, we work diligently to protect their legal rights so they can focus on moving forward with their family and their lives.
If your loved one died in an incident caused by the negligent or reckless acts of another person, contact our caring and compassionate wrongful death lawyers in Mesa Arizona to see how we can help you.
Accidents that Cause Wrongful Deaths
Individuals are at risk for sustaining fatal injuries under any circumstances. Unfortunately, there are various types of accidents that result in accidental deaths far more often than others. Some of the most common causes of wrongful death cases include:
- Automobile accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Aviator accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Product liability;
- Work-related accidents; and
- Criminal acts.
No matter what circumstances lead to the wrongful death of your loved one- if their injuries and subsequent death were caused by a negligent or reckless party or parties, it is crucial that you contact one of our wrongful death attorneys in Mesa AZ as soon as possible to discuss the incident and find out if you have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim against all responsible parties.
Here to Help Families Through Complex Wrongful Death Litigations
Families who lose loved ones in traumatic accidents are often overwhelmed. This is particularly true in cases where evidence shows that their loved one lost their life due to the negligent or reckless acts of another person. There are few experiences anyone can go through that bring more pain and suffering than losing a loved one.
These unbearable and highly-emotional situations make it difficult for families to focus on grieving and caring for one another while dealing with a complicated legal case. For this reason, it is crucial for surviving relatives to contact an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Mesa Arizona to get help with their legal claim. The skilled and knowledgeable wrongful death lawyers of Escamilla Law Group work diligently to help families get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our team will file legal claims on behalf of grieving families, collect the evidence necessary to provide their claim and defend the legal rights of families while fighting for them in court. Through aggressive negotiations, we will help those harmed get full and fair compensation to cover damages resulting from the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one. When we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, we will represent families in court to ensure they get the justice they deserve.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona
In Arizona, there are few parties who are legally entitled to file wrongful death claims on behalf of their loved ones. Parties who are afforded this legal right include:
- The surviving spouse of the decedent;
- The surviving domestic partner of the decedent;
- The decedent’s surviving children or grandchildren; or
- The individual who is designated to inherit the decedent’s estate if none of the above parties are applicable.
It is crucial for those entitled to file a legal claim do so within the statute of limitations to ensure they are able to get the justice and compensation they are entitled to. Working with a reputable wrongful death attorney in Mesa AZ from Escamilla Law Group will ensure you get full and fair compensation to cover various damages resulting from the loss of your loved one’s life.
Compensation Available in Wrongful Death Cases
Losing a loved one due to the negligent or reckless acts of another person can have a devastating impact on the lives of surviving relatives. In some cases, surviving relatives are able to obtain compensation for various costs incurred from the tragic loss. Some of the damages Escamilla Law Group helps families impacted by the wrongful death of a loved one collect include:
- Lost Earnings: Families of those killed in tragic accidents are able to obtain compensation to cover the lost earnings that their loved one would have made had they been alive to continue working. Working with a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure families get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
- Loss of Inheritance and Expected Future Inheritance: In some cases, the loss of a loved one can jeopardize a relative’s ability to inherit property or other valuables. For this reason, courts enable relatives to collect compensation to cover the value of these losses.
- Loss of Consortium: The loss of a loved one can have a devastating impact on the family unit. For this reason, courts enable surviving relatives to collect restitution for the loss of companionship, parental relations, and other relationships that suffer as a result. Working with a reputable personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure your family is able to get the maximum amount possible for these damages.
- Pain and Suffering: The loss of a loved one can have a devastating impact on those who are left behind. Courts across Arizona recognize the mental and psychological pain and suffering surviving relatives endure as a result. When relatives have to seek psychological treatment for emotional distress or trauma, they are able to collect compensation to cover their costs for treatment and other related damages.
- Lost Value of Household Service: In many cases, decedents have a major role in their household income. In cases where the victims are a caregiver, a handyman, or someone performing routine tasks to help the household run properly, surviving relatives are able to collect compensation to cover the costs to hire individuals to perform these tasks.
When families lose loved ones in tragic accidents, it is imperative that they contact a wrongful death lawyer in Mesa AZ as soon as possible to protect their and their loved one’s legal rights. Working with Escamilla Law Group ensures those harmed are able to collect full and fair compensation to cover damages resulting from the wrongful death of a loved one.
Why Work With Us, Escamilla Law Firm in Mesa
Losing a loved one is extremely difficult for surviving family members to deal with. Learning that their loved one died as the result of another person’s negligent or reckless acts just makes the situation even more unbearable. For this reason, Mesa AZ wrongful death attorneys at Escamilla Law Group work diligently to ensure surviving family members are able to recover from the wrongful death of a loved one.
Although no amount of compensation will ever replace the life of a loved one, it can help grieving families take care of the financial burdens incurred due to the fatal accident of a loved one so they can move forward in the best way possible. If your loved one died in a tragic incident, caused by the reckless or negligent acts of another person or party, contact our personal injury attorneys in Mesa at (623) 321-0566 to see how we can help you get the justice you deserve.