10 Surprising Slip and Fall Accident Facts
Anyone can trip or slip and fall and sustain moderate to severe injuries. In some cases, slip and fall accidents in Arizona can also be fatal. If you are relatively young and healthy, you probably don’t think that slip and fall accidents are such a serious threat. For the young and healthy it is true, these individuals have an easier time recovering from some slip and fall accidents but that doesn’t mean that a slip and fall accident can’t have the potential to be catastrophic to life-altering.
Every year there are millions of people who sustain bodily harm as a result of slip and fall accidents. If a person is in a high-risk group, like the elderly, the aftermath of such an event can be devastating. If you were injured in an Arizona slip and fall accident that happened as a result of the negligence of another party, call the Arizona slip and fall accident attorneys at ELG. The Phoenix serious injury attorneys at ELG will provide you with the legal counsel you need to be successful with an Arizona personal injury claim that provides you the most compensation possible.
Slip and Fall Accident Facts That May Surprise You
Broken bones, head trauma, spinal damage, lacerations, bruising, as well as torn ligaments and tendons, are just some of the physical damage that a slip and fall accident may cause. If you were on another person or entity’s property and the condition of that property wasn’t kept up or there were hazards that caused your slip and fall accident that resulted in injuries you may have a case to file an Arizona personal injury claim. The following 10 facts may be surprising to learn about when it comes to the prevalence of slip and fall accidents.
- One of the most common reasons for people to visit the emergency room is the harm they sustained after a slip and fall accident. More than 21% of all emergency room admissions are from slip and fall accidents.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, men died as a result of their workplace slip and fall accidents from 1992 to 1996 at a rate 50% higher than their female counterparts.
- In 2005, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that 15,000 individuals over 64 years of age lost their lives as a result of a fall accident.
- Over two million fall accidents that end with injuries could have been prevented as they come as a result of poor floors and flooring materials.
- Workers’ compensation claims are comprised primarily of slip and fall accidents on the job.
- Slip and fall accidents that happen at work cause a loss of productivity that is significant. In 2002 alone, 22% of victims of workplace slip and fall accidents were unable to work for at least 31 days and more.
- One in three individuals aged 65 years and older will fall each year.
- Every year slip and fall accidents cost the country $70 billion.
- Falls are responsible for half of all accidental deaths in the United States.
- Of all injury claims, 16% are from fall accidents.
Speak to an Arizona Slip and Fall Attorney Today
Slip and fall accidents are serious and they happen often. If you were injured in a Phoenix slip and fall accident you may be able to have all of your costs recouped through a Phoenix personal injury claim. Call the Arizona slip and fall accident attorneys at ELG to schedule your free consultation at (623) 877-3600.