Interesting Facts About Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents happen every day to all ages of people. They are one of the most common reasons for injuries and the aftermath of these accidents can be devastating and costly. In severe cases, where a victim has sustained significant injuries, they may require a substantial amount of medical treatment, and that care comes with a high price tag. While a victim is recovering from their Arizona slip and fall accident, they may be unable to work, and as a result, lose much-needed income.
Slip and Fall Facts
When you have been in an Arizona slip and fall accident, it is important that you obtain compensation for your damages. When you work with an experienced Phoenix slip and fall attorney, you improve your chances of receiving a full, and fair settlement. Some facts about slip and fall accidents include:
- Over one million people will obtain treatment in an emergency room as a result of a slip and fall accident every year in the United States. This means that each day, an excess of two thousand injuries occur after a slip and fall incident. Falls account for eight million emergency room visits annually in the country.
- The cost of a hospital visit for a slip and fall incident can be as high as $40,000. These accidents have the potential to financially ruin a victim.
- The elderly are most at-risk for slip and fall accidents. Those over the age of 55 are the most vulnerable to a fall accident at work and over 60% of those who reside in a nursing home will have a fall accident a minimum of one time every year. Despite the fact that mature adults make up a large portion of the reported slip and fall incidents each year, anyone can hurt themselves when they take a spill. For most age groups, slip and fall accidents are the cause of many non-fatal injuries.
- In 5% of slip and fall accidents, a victim will endure broken bones. However, in as many as 30% of slip and fall cases, there are major injuries suffered.
- Falling accidents are responsible for a majority of brain injuries across the country.
- Falls are behind 95% of hip fracture injuries.
- The cost to Americans every year from the medical treatment required to care for slip and fall accident victims is over $34 billion.
- On average, a person who suffers a slip and fall accident will miss approximately 11 days of work.
Call an Arizona Personal Injury Attorney Today When You Are Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident
If you have never been involved in an Arizona personal injury suit, you may be hesitant to meet with a lawyer and proceed forward with a claim. But it is very important that you recover the money for the costs that the damages from your accident caused. The Arizona personal injury attorneys at ELG will guide you through the personal injury claim process and fight on your behalf so that you see the best possible outcome. Call the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at ELG today at (623) 877-3600 to schedule your free consultation.