What to Do When a Car Smashes into Your Home in Arizona?

What to Do When a Car Smashes into Your Home in Arizona?

The Arizona Department of Transportation concludes in its 2018 crash facts reports that the most common type of vehicular collision is rear-ended collisions. Speeding was the number one reason that crashes occurred that year. While vehicular accidents on the roads are the most reported accidents that take place, there are also many accidents where a car hits a wall or even a building. Like any accident on the road, a number of factors could be behind why someone crashes into a building or home. Distracted driving, speeding, driving while intoxicated may all be the cause of someone to lose control of their car and find themselves flying towards a structure.

If a driver smashes into your home, where do you get the money to pay for the damages your home sustains and how can you recoup costs associated with medical treatment if anyone inside is hurt? This isn’t the most common question that the Arizona serious injury attorneys at ELG get but because we focus solely on personal injury accidents, we have been asked it many times. If you ever find yourself facing this shocking situation, contact ELG for legal guidance and representation.

How Will All Damages Be Covered When A Driver Crashes Into Your Arizona Home?

When a car slams into your home, the physical damages to your residence will be covered by the driver’s car insurance. Every policy is different and every policy has it’s payout limits. This means that if the driver’s policy limits do not cover the total cost of repairs to your home, you are going to have to look into other options to find a way to cover the balance of the costs.

In the state of Arizona, the minimum amount of coverage required by all drivers is only $10,000. When a driver hits your home and has no insurance, recouping costs for your damages is a difficult proposition. Since not many of us have thousands of dollars just sitting around to cover costs of repairs should someone run into our homes, the question remains, what do we do in this situation? 

The answer is, you have options. You can either contact your homeowners’ insurance and see if you can have them cover any costs not taken care of by the driver’s insurance or personal assets, or you can sue the driver. Determining which will be the most successful way to obtain compensation is something that an experienced Phoenix automobile accident injury attorney can help you resolve. Depending on the details of your accident experience, one option may be more helpful than the other. For instance, if an uninsured driver hits your home, the fact that they don’t pay for insurance can indicate that they also aren’t likely to have enough assets to pay for your damages. 

If injuries are sustained from the crash, the driver’s bodily injury liability insurance can pay for medical costs, lost wages from inability to work, and pain and suffering. If you have UM or UIM coverage, that will help you when an uninsured driver hits you.

Where Can You Find An Arizona Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Attorney?

What To Do When A Car Smashes Into your Home In ArizonaWhile rare, cars smashing into commercial buildings and private residences do happen. It will take the knowledgeable eye of an Arizona automobile accident attorney to break down your case and figure out the best way forward for the most favorable outcome. When you have been hit and injured, call the Phoenix personal injury attorneys at ELG today at (623) 877-3600 to schedule your free consultation.