What Hidden Injuries Can Victims Suffer After an Arizona Large Truck Accident?
It is very common for victims involved in large commercial truck accidents to show immediate, severe bodily injuries. When large trucks collide with smaller passenger vehicles the destruction that they inflict on the smaller vehicles most often, is massive. If you are able to get up and walk away from an 18-wheeler accident, you are probably counting yourself extremely lucky and saying an extra prayer. It is possible to have sustained injuries but because of the surge of adrenaline that courses through one’s body after such a catastrophic event, the existence of some injuries is not immediately known.
There are injuries whose symptoms begin to kick in days or weeks after a traumatic accident. When victims of Arizona large truck accidents may initially feel unharmed, they may soon come to find out they are suffering from substantial damage even to the point of being disabling. When you have been the victim of a Phoenix large truck accident it is important to speak with an Arizona big rig truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Should you be one of these individuals who was injured from your accident but didn’t know that you were injured at first only to find out later that you are suffering, it is important to see a doctor and connect with the Phoenix large truck accident attorneys at ELG.
What Injuries Take Time to Show Up?
There are some injuries that don’t immediately present themselves but with time, symptoms become more apparent. Examples of such injuries highly associated with large truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries can cause life-long implications including painful chronic headaches, emotional issues, vision problems, confusion, nausea, and poor mental functioning and memory.
- Herniated discs may cause victims to feel tingling and numbness in the extremities and in the shoulder area. The pain associated with herniated discs could make engaging in daily activities or the ability for one to do their jobs very uncomfortable if not impossible.
- The development of the mental disease such as anxiety or depression can cause people to feel poorly on a constant basis, may cause victims to lose or have strained personal relationships, can lead to a decrease in a person’s ability to work and take care of themselves, and may even have life-ending consequences.
- Whiplash can cause immense stiffness and pain, diminished ability to move the neck, fatigue, inability to concentrate, sleep disruptions, and regular headaches.
- Internal bleeding may go widely unnoticed because of the mild symptoms which are associated with the ailment. If left unchecked or untreated though, internal bleeding can kill you.
Discuss your Arizona Large Truck Accident with an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Large truck accidents are directly linked to very poor outcomes for victims and when these individuals work with the Phoenix commercial truck accident attorneys at ELG they will receive the highest quality legal services. The Phoenix personal injury attorneys at ELG have extensive experience helping clients of large truck accidents see their full legal justice. Call today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation at (623) 877-3600. ELG also offers the option of remote intake.