Drowning Accident Attorneys in Chandler, Arizona
By law, property owners are required to ensure their premises are safe for guests. Unfortunately, property owners often neglect to ensure their properties are free from hazards and safe for guests causing countless accidents to occur. As a result, thousands of victims suffer life-altering injuries that have a disastrous impact on all aspects of their lives.
In Chandler, we are seeing an increase in the number of drowning victims caused by improper safety measures to protect access to pools. Victims involved in these horrific accidents often suffer fatal injuries or they are left to deal with impaired cognitive skills from lack of oxygen to their brain. Victims who survive a drowning accident are often forced to undergo extensive long-term treatment. In many cases, victims require life-long treatment to regain some motor skills, basic life skills, and abilities. When individuals are injured in drowning accidents due to the negligent or reckless acts of property owners, it is imperative that they contact a premises liability attorney in Chandler as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
For over three decades, our Chandler drowning accident attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC have fought diligently to ensure those harmed are able to get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our knowledge of personal injury laws throughout Arizona enables us to provide aggressive and reliable legal representation to those in need. Victims who work with us can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected. Our attorneys work with some of the most highly regarded expert witnesses to ensure those harmed have adequate and thorough evidence in support of their claims. If you were injured in a drowning accident, contact our premises liability attorneys in Chandler to get started with your claim.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Chandler, Arizona Drowning Accident
When victims are harmed in drowning accidents, they often require extensive treatment. In some cases, victims have to go through life-long treatment and therapy. Unfortunately, a large percentage of victims involved in these accidents end up passing away due to their injuries. When victims are injured, or loved ones pass away due to drowning accidents, it is imperative that they contact a personal injury attorney in Chandler as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Our team at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC works diligently to help accident victims collect full and fair compensation for their injuries. Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Chandler will investigate your claim, gather evidence and documents to determine the true costs incurred, and help victims and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. Working with a skilled and aggressive personal injury attorney in Chandler will ensure those at-fault are held liable for the injuries and damages sustained due to their reckless and negligent behavior.
Who Is Liable for Drowning Accidents in Chandler, Arizona
Arizona state premises liability laws state that residential and commercial pool owners, as well as the operators of water parks, are legally required to offer premises to guests that are safe and hazard-free. When property owners fail to ensure the safety of their property, they are at risk of being held liable for all injuries and damages suffered by guests. In Arizona, individuals who enter upon properties fall under one of three categories. These categories include:
- Invitees: Individuals are considered invitees when they enter upon a property to conduct business. This category is applicable to businesses as well as guests of public pools and water parks. It is crucial that owners of these properties ensure guests are safe during the duration they remain on the property.
- Licensees: Guests that are invited to enter into private homes are typically considered to be licensees. These individuals enter into properties to gather with friends or engage in social functions. Safety concerns and hazards that are neglected can place the lives of these individuals at risk. It is crucial for pool owners to ensure all guests are aware of any issues ahead of time. In some cases, owners can be held liable for their failure to remedy problems or notify others of dangers and damages. This is especially true in cases where guests are injured as a result of their inactions.
- Trespassers: This category of guests is provided the least legal protection. In general, trespassers are in the category of individuals that enter upon a property uninvited. In some cases, these individuals attempt to break into homes and suffer falls into pools subsequentially drowning. Our state makes the exception for small children who enter properties uninvited and drown. Inadequate gates, fencing, or other barriers place the liability of injuries and damages onto the property owner.
It is crucial for those harmed to prove what type of guest they are on a property. Doing so effectively will impact their ability to get the justice and compensation they deserve. For this reason, it is imperative that victims work with a skilled and knowledgeable drowning accident attorney in Chandler to ensure their legal rights are protected.
What To Do After a Drowning Accident Occurs
Individuals who are involved in drowning incidents should seek immediate medical attention. Pool-related accidents can be and often are truly devastating. These accidents can result in a sudden loss of evidence due to the fact that a lot of information can be washed away at the scene. It is crucial for victims to obtain legal counsel as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected should they exercise their rights to file legal claims against those at fault.
Our Chandler premises liability attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC are dedicated to standing by victims and their families every step of the complex legal process to defeat all obstacles in the way. Our attorneys work diligently on behalf of victims to gather evidence when they are unable to do so for themselves. Some of the ways we assist victims in their claim are by conducting various tasks like:
- Taking photographs of the scene
- Taking statements from witnesses to help provide an unbiased view as to what occurred
- Obtain a copy of the calls to 911
- Collect records from first responders and law enforcement agents
- Gather and document any media clips and information related to the incident
- Gather medical records or autopsy reports whenever available
Working with our team at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC will ensure those harmed are able to protect their best interests while focusing on moving forward from these tragic and unexpected incidents.
Common Causes of Drowning Accidents in Chandler, AZ
Drowning accidents occur suddenly and often without warning. Sadly, it can take less than a minute for someone to suffer serious injuries in a pool, pond, lake, or other bodies of water. Although these accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, it is crucial for individuals to recognize what factors may contribute to these incidents. Some of the most common causes of pool accidents we have seen in Chandler include:
- Inadequate Supervision: Property owners are required to have supervision for individuals swimming. Without adequate supervision, individuals using pools are more likely to suffer injuries. This is especially true when small children are present.
- Inability to Swim: Individuals who are unable to swim are more likely to suffer injuries in a pool. It is crucial for pool owners to have lifejackets and other flotation devices available.
- Risk-Taking Behaviors: Jumping or diving in restricted or shallow areas can result in serious injuries or drowning. It is crucial for property owners to supervise the pool area to ensure no one is engaging in this type of behavior.
- Use of Alcohol or Drugs: When guests are drinking or using drugs while on a person’s property, the owner can be held liable for any injuries or damages. This is particularly true when impaired guests enter pool areas.
- Hypothermia: Water that is too cold can cause the body to suffer adverse reactions. In some cases, victims’ body temperature lowers to a point where they are unable to move and get safely out of the pool.
- Health Conditions: Strokes, seizures, heart attacks, and other health conditions can place swimmers at an increased risk of suffering from serious injuries or drowning. This is especially true if they suffer these issues in unsupervised pool areas.
Although some of the causes are unpreventable, it is crucial that property owners take the necessary steps to ensure their premises are safe for individuals and free from hazards, especially those suffering from health complications. Having adequate security can be lifesaving in the event that a victim suffers from health complications. If you were injured in a drowning accident, contact a premises liability attorney in Chandler as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you.
Why Work With Escamilla Law Group, PLLC
If you were injured in a drowning accident, or your loved one lost their life, due to a property owner’s negligence, it is crucial for you to contact a drowning accident attorney in Chandler as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. Victims and their families may be able to obtain compensation to help alleviate some of the financial burdens sustained as the result of a drowning accident.
With over 30-years of combined experience, Chandler personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC have helped thousands of victims and their families move forward from drowning accidents. Contact our premises liability attorneys in Chandler at (623) 321-0566 to see how we can assist you to get the maximum compensation and justice you deserve.