Light Rail and Train Accidents in Arizona
With mass transportation becoming an ever-increasing mode of travel throughout Phoenix and Mesa and its surrounding suburbs, there are many new trains and light rails in the city and even more under construction. While the benefits for traffic and the environment are many, the risk of accidents and injuries should be considered. See also: Mesa Train Accident Attorney
The reason for train or light rail accidents can range from distracted driving to faulty equipment. Whatever the reason for the resulting accidents, the results can be catastrophic, traumatic, and often deadly. As mass transportation becomes more accessible and popular even one accident can result in many significant injuries. The unique nature of train injuries also includes the fact that the statute of limitations is a consideration for individuals seeking compensation. For this reason and many more, having experienced legal representation is your best pathway to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Every year in Arizona, people are injured in light rail or train accidents. It may not seem like a common likelihood; however, when train accidents occur, there are usually significant injuries, damages, and lengthy recovery processes. Organizations operating light rails or trains throughout the city are required to operate under very strict regulations in order to keep passengers as well as other community members safe. If an accident occurred and you or someone you love was injured, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
By working with an experienced group of personal injury attorneys, such as the legal team at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS, you can focus on your healing and recovery. This leaves the tedious work of collecting documentation, communicating with insurance companies, and filing paperwork deadlines to a team of professionals that have systems in place to support your claim. You are then free to focus on healing and returning to your way of life while your attorney from ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS will work diligently to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Causes for Train Accidents in Arizona
The reasons for train or light rail accidents are varied. In fact, the Federal Railroad Administration classifies train accidents into six primary categories:
- Faulty or Defective equipment – Defective brakes, loose wheels, oil or fuel fires, other faulty or defective parts, etc.
- Human Operations Errors – Failing to comply with speed limits, switching tracks improperly, texting or operating a cell phone while driving, falling asleep on the job, etc.
- Signal Issues – Power switch failures, computer errors, communication warning errors, etc.
- Railroad Tracks – Damaged tracks, worn rails, defective welding, etc.
- Vehicles, Pedestrians, and Motorists – Drunk drivers, misjudging oncoming trains, trespassers, etc.
- Miscellaneous – Objects on the tracks, bad weather, poor visibility, vandalism, etc.
Compensation and Coverage for Train Accidents
Determining how much compensation you are entitled to for your injuries and damagaes is crucial to ensuring that you are fairly and fully compensated and one of the most important reasons to hire a train accident attorney from ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS. There are elements and considerations for your damages that the average layperson would not consider.
The team at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS will help you evaluate every aspect of your claim. We will work to ensure that you understand and are a part of every decision made in your claim. The lawsuit can help you recover funds for unanticipated expenses which were a direct correlation to the accident. It can also help you secure compensation for emotional damages which can be intangible and hard to place a number on.
Our lawyers will take into consideration the following when determining the damages to seek in your Chandler personal injury claim:
- Medical bills
- Reconstructive surgery
- Prescription medication
- Nursing care
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional distress/pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- And more
The experienced team at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS wants to see you fully recovered from your injuries and with the compensation you deserve. By partnering with our legal team at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS , you can focus on your recovery while leaving numerous burdensome tasks, including securing compensation, obtaining documentation, speaking to insurance companies, and researching past compensation and claims, to a team of experts committed to representing your best interests. Our lawyers have represented cases like yours in the past and are prepared to work every day to bring closure and compensation to your claim.
What Should You Do After a Train Accident in Arizona?
If you have recently been involved in a train or light rail accident, time is of the essence. Not only is it imperative that you quickly receive care to stave off any long-lasting medical challenges, but reviewing and understanding the critical milestones and deadlines you need to meet in order to receive compensation for your claim will not wait while you heal. Unfortunately, even while you are taking time to recover, the clock has already started.
For this reason, many individuals seek out the help of legal counsel that will help them through the steps, processes, and deadlines required to seek the compensation they need and deserve. Here are a few of the many considerations you will need to undertake as you seek compensation for your injury:
- Seek medical attention – Even if you are able to walk away from the accident, getting evaluated for lasting or underlying issues is a good idea in order to rule out issues you may face later. Ensuring this is documented and connected to the incident is recommended to get you the coverage that you deserve.
- Document your experience and get copies of official documentation – As soon as possible, write down your experience during the accident; where were you, what happened, what was around you, etc. If it is possible to take photos, do that as well. If you are able to obtain police reports and copies of witness statements that will validate any claims you make, the process will be easier in the future.
- Speak to witnesses – If you are unable to speak to any witnesses or other injured parties immediately after the accident, getting their contact information to connect later is recommended.
- Keep copies of media coverage – Train accidents generate a lot of media coverage, especially within the local market. Train accidents that occur in Mesa and Phoenix are well reported. Often including witness statements, images, and more, it is useful to have copies of these clips available to you to support your claims.
- Get copies of medical documentation – Start the process of getting your medical records as soon as possible. While the records belong to you, most doctors’ offices are occupied with their day-to-day work of seeing patients and requests for medical records can take a long time to obtain often delaying the process of making your claim.
- Disability/workers’ comp documentation – If you are unable to work, keep copies of everything you are required to file. This paperwork will be an official record of your lost wages, time off work, and often include paperwork from your physician outlining the scale of your injuries.
- File quickly because the statute of limitations is short – For most personal injury claims in Arizona, you have two years from the date of the incident to file your claim. If you are filing a claim against a city, county or the state, you have just 180 days to file your claim. Due to the nature of train or light rail operations, many times, accidents and injuries will include a component against a government entity, meaning that your timeline is short.
With so much to obtain, monitor, and keep in mind, all while you are recovering from your injuries, it is a great idea to work closely with experienced legal professionals that have handled many personal injury cases throughout Arizona. The team on dedicated personal injury lawyers at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS will help you every step of the way – from documenting your injuries and statement, to obtaining records and witness statements, to evaluating and preparing you for trial, should it come to that.
Why Work with ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS?
Working with an experienced professional who will represent you and fight for every dollar you are entitled to will enable you to have peace of mind as you work through the recovery process. You can rest easy knowing that you aren’t making a critical mistake that could cost you later.
The well-respected attorneys at ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS have earned a reputation throughout Phoenix and Mesa, Arizona, as one the best personal injury law firm around. In fact, we only handle personal injury cases. Our bilingual attorneys understand the stress these trying times cause our clients, which motivates us to ensure you win your case even more. The core values of our organization were created to serve clients in need, just like you. We do our best – and we don’t receive a penny unless you do.
Our initial consultation takes very little of your time. It will help us understand the specifics of your claim, we will explain the next steps and process from there, and we will give you an understanding of what we anticipate the outlook of your case to be. Best of all, you get to meet our lawyers and determine if we are the right fit for you. Click here to schedule.
If you have been in an accident involving a light rail or train, ELG ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS is here to help you.