Slip and Fall Injury Case Attorneys in Mesa Arizona
Every year, thousands of people across our state suffer injuries from slip and fall accidents. Although these incidents often seem minor, they can cause extensive debilitating injuries to victims. Victims involved in slip and fall injuries in Mesa Arizona often suffer from broken bones, head, neck, and back injuries, and injuries to their lower extremities. Almost all of these types of injuries will require medical assistance and can cause excruciating pain to the person who was injured in the accident.
Unfortunately, there are many cases where injured victims are approached by insurance companies and offered minimal, low-ball settlement amounts for their injuries and damages. When victims accept these settlements, they often jeopardize their chances of getting full and fair compensation in legal claims against those at fault for the accident. Instead of accepting a settlement from an insurance company, it is crucial for accident victims to consult with a slip-and-fall accident attorney in Arizona to explore all of the legal options available to you.
The Mesa personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve and are entitled to for their injuries and losses. Our knowledgeable injury accident attorneys in Mesa work to review legal claims for victims, consult with expert witnesses and take all appropriate actions to ensure those harmed are able to recover. Contact our law firm as soon as possible to see how we can help with your claim.
Common Locations for Slip and Fall Accidents In Arizona
Individuals can suffer slip and fall injuries in virtually any location. Unfortunately, there are some property types more commonly involved in premises liability claims in Mesa. The most common places for slip and fall accidents to occur in our area include but are not limited to the following locations:
- Gas stations;
- Apartment complexes;
- Department or grocery stores;
- Parking lots; and
- Sidewalks or uneven pavement areas.
Working with a reputable and experienced premises liability attorney in Mesa will ensure those harmed get the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims.
Types of Injuries Most Commonly Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
Individuals involved in slip and fall accidents can suffer an array of injuries. In some cases, victims suffer minor injuries that require minimal attention. Unfortunately, a large number of accidents result in devastating injuries that require extensive medical treatment and months of therapy to recover. Some of the most common types of injuries incurred in slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Depending on the severity of the break, these injuries can require several weeks, months, or years to recover from. Some cases involve compound fractures, which may require surgery to address.
- Sprained Ankles or Wrists: Sprains can be extremely painful and have a negative impact on a victim’s ability to perform daily tasks. In some cases, these injuries require extensive therapy to overcome.
- Knee Injuries: Knee injuries can impact a victim’s ability to walk, stoop, squat, and perform other tasks necessary in their daily life. These injuries often cause overwhelming and debilitating pain.
- Shoulder Dislocations or Muscle Strains: Individuals who suffer from shoulder dislocations of muscle strains may require surgery, therapy, and countless other procedures to help address the problem. In many cases, those harmed have problems lifting or controlling their arm muscles.
- Spine and Nerve Damage: Spine and nerve injuries often impact every aspect of a victim’s life. These injuries can make it difficult to perform even the simplest tasks. In some cases, victims sustain such severe injuries that they end up paralyzed as a result.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries can have a devastating impact on a victim’s ability to think, act, and perform various tasks. In some cases, those harmed are required to utilize medical equipment for the rest of their lives in order to even function.
- Cuts and Bruises: Although cuts and bruises may not present overwhelming physical pain, they can have a lasting impact on a victim’s self-esteem and confidence. This is especially true when the injury results in permanent scarring.
If you were injured in a slip and fall injury due to the negligent or reckless acts of a property owner, it is imperative for you to contact a slip and fall accident lawyer Mesa AZ as soon as possible.
What To Do After a Slip and Fall Accident Cases
If you are involved in a slip and fall accident, it is imperative for you to take the steps necessary to protect yourself and your legal rights. Some of the most important tasks to perform immediately after an accident include:
- Get medical attention;
- Report the incident immediately to property owners or managers;
- Be careful what you say after an accident. Do not accept the blame for anything. Do not apologize;
- Get contact information and statements from witnesses;
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident; and
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
Working with a Mesa slip and fall injury lawyer at Escamilla Law Group will ensure you are fully and fairly compensated for the injuries and damages incurred in your slip and fall accident.
Why Hire A Slip and Fall Attorney In Mesa
Those injured in slip-and-fall accidents often incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses. In many cases, victims are forced out of work for several weeks to months to tend to their injuries. In order for those harmed to obtain compensation, they must file a successful legal claim against those at fault. Personal injury lawsuits are only successful if the victim is able to meet the burden of proof required. Generally, a victim must prove that the property owner had a duty to protect those who visit their property, that the property owner failed to provide this duty and, as a result of the breach of the duty to care, the victim sustained injuries. In addition, victims need to prove that the breach of duty to provide care caused injuries that resulted in damages.
Victims who work with reliable slip and fall lawyers in Mesa AZ have the best chances of obtaining the maximum amount of compensation for their claim. Escamilla Law Group has helped countless victims injured in slip and fall accidents by performing various tasks aimed to strengthen their claims and effectively achieve the outcome they desire. Some of the ways our personal injury attorneys in Mesa help those harmed include:
- Gathering Evidence from the Scene: Our knowledgeable injury accident attorneys in Mesa will go out to the scene of the incident and gather evidence that will show negligence led to the accident and injuries. This evidence can include surveillance footage, photographs, maintenance records, and various other documents and items that show the conditions of the area at the time of the incident.
- Speak with Witnesses: If anyone was present at the time of the accident, we will personally contact them and collect written or verbal statements from them. Utilizing statements from witnesses give the court a more vivid picture of the circumstances that led up to the incident. Victims often highlight critical information regarding lighting conditions, ground surfaces, whether there were objects or liquid on the floor and other factors that may have led to the incident.
- Review the Property’s History: Our attorneys will review property records to determine if there is a history of similar accidents. Learning that several victims were injured in accidents can help prove a property owner’s negligence. Even more, having a history of slip and fall injuries can show that a property owner was aware of the issues but failed to accurately and adequately address the issues before others suffered.
- Gather Police and Incident Reports: These reports are often beneficial to victims injured on other people’s property. When someone is injured, it can be an added bonus to have a police officer’s written testimony of the scene of the incident. These statements, which are signed under oath, provide courts a clearer idea of the conditions of the property at the time the incident occurred.
Working with our knowledgeable and aggressive slip and fall accident lawyers in Mesa Arizona will ensure those harmed have the strongest cases imaginable to help them achieve a positive outcome for their case.
Why Work With Escamilla Law Group
Individuals who suffer slip-and-fall accidents are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. The painful and lengthy recovery process can hinder the mental and physical wellbeing of victims and have a negative impact on their finances as well.
When victims are injured due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a skilled personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Our team of Mesa personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group has over 30 years of collective experience assisting accident victims in an effort to hold negligent property owners accountable for their actions or lack thereof.
Over the years, our attorneys have fought aggressively to help hundreds of victims collect full and fair compensation for the mental, physical, and financial consequences they face. If you injured in a slip and fall accident, contact our Mesa premises liability attorneys at (623) 877-3600 to meet with one of our reputable attorneys to explore legal options available for you.